Shaycom takes your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about
here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
- This policy covers how Shaycom treats personal information that Shaycom collects
and receives, including information related to your past use of Shaycom products
and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable
like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Shaycom does not own
or control, or to people that Shaycom does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Shaycom collects personal information when you register with Shaycom, when you use
the Shaycom services, and when you visit Shaycom pages or the pages of certain Shaycom
partners. Shaycom may combine information about you that we have with information
we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your email address. Once you register
with Shaycom and sign in to the Shaycom services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Shaycom collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our
- Shaycom automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your
browser, including your
IP address, Shaycom
information, and the page you request.
- Shaycom uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content
you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services,
contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Shaycom does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other
people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've
requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Shaycom
under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information
to help Shaycom communicate with you about news and information from Shaycom.
However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise
our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent,
or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving
potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Shaycom's
- We transfer information about you if Shaycom is acquired by or merged with another
company. In this event, Shaycom will notify you before information about you is
- On some of our pages, Shaycom displays targeted advertisements based on personal
information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people
who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria -
for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Shaycom does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact
with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are
consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that
you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Shaycom advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance
agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as
stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Shaycom may set and access Shaycom
on your computer.
- Shaycom lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and
access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is
subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies
do not have access to Shaycom's cookies.
- Shaycom uses
to access Shaycom cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection
with Shaycom products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Deactivate Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your
Shaycom Account Information
at any time.
- Certain communications from Shaycom, such as service announcements and administrative
messages, are considered part of Shaycom membership and you may not opt out of receiving
- You can deactivate your Shaycom account by
contacting us. Please
to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after
your account has been deactivated.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably
need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services
to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Shaycom Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, Shaycom may use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data
- Shaycom may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in
the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified
in your Shaycom account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please
Effective date: March 2, 2009